News and notes from around the interweb:
- St. Maarten beachgoer throws ball at plane. (HT: Hans Mast) Because we didn’t hit peak stupidity at Princess Juliana International Airport last month when a tourist was blown by a Caribbean Airlines 737’s jet blast, hitting her head against concrete.. and dying.
- air berlin is entering a partnership with jetBlue which will ultimate extend to frequent flyer programs at least as long as air berlin remains in business.
- My deep dive into American’s award redemption rules too in the weeds for you? Barclaycard has put together a really nice tutorial on redeeming awards with American AAdvantage. After all, the better use you get from your miles the more you’ll feel like accumulating those miles is a good decision. And that should translate into higher card spend for them.
- After giving up One Fine Stay to Accor, Hyatt is investing in another homesharing company. Making the hotel industry’s shameless political attacks on Airbnb even more hypocritical.
- Surprising things worth packing
- Senate confirms a new head of TSA meet the new boss, same as the old boss — the 13th in 16 years.
TSA Agents in Charlotte Watch News of the TSA’s Failure to Detect Weapons and Bombs, Instead of Searching for Weapons and Bombs (HT: Tocqueville)
- How airlines decide which snacks to serve you
- If the price of a jetBlue flight you purchase falls within 14 days of booking, call and the airline will give you a voucher for the difference