I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- British Airways will deep clean its planes let’s hope that includes the cargo holds.
- If you have the United card register to earn a 30% bonus on miles earned through MileagePlux X, MileagePlus Shopping, Opinion Miles Club, MileagePlus Dining, and Rocketmiles up to 2000 miles for transactions through May 25. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Be Your Own Jeremy Bentham: Watch NYC Department of Transportation live cameras
- Japan Airlines – which is smaller today than in 2007 – wants to start a low cost carrier to fuel growth
- American shopping portal bonus spend $200 get 400 bonus miles and Alaska shopping portal bonus spend $200 get 500 bonus miles (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- I’m often amused when an airline or hotel company rings me to complain about something I’ve written and I can reply along the lines of, “But your COO/Executive Vice President/Head of Loyalty liked it on Twitter!” Not quite the same thing, and it doesn’t actually mean anything but I did chuckle when Kimpton hotels liked my post noting how IHG screwed up the Kimpton acquisition.