News and notes from around the interweb:
- The former head of the Malaysia Airlines Enrich frequent flyer program, Mark Ross-Smith, explains why wallet share (percentage of a customer’s business) is more important than total spend — and how a frequent flyer program can use commercially-available data to determine how much business they’re losing.
- Priority Pass-accessible The Club lounge will open in Buffalo in August
- Air Italy’s COO says their US routes are performing well and will have over 90% load factors this summer (which is different than being profitable, and may be hopeful). Still odd of them to announce US routes and then cancel them before even putting them on sale.
- US government has a worse reputation than Spirit Airlines, Wells Fargo
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- Jet Airways missing March 19 interest payments, grounding 4 more planes over lease defaults
- Livecam of DC’s National Airport