News and notes from around the interweb:
- Asiana Club awards 40,000 miles for business class or 50,000 for first between the US and Europe with 7 stopovers plus your destination using Star Alliance airlines. It’s why not to overlook the Asiana credit card with 30,000 mile initial bonus (10,000 each year at renewal), double miles on gas and groceries, and a $100 annual rebate on Asiana purchases (taxes/fees on award tickets).
- Hertz devalues up to 82% without notice I guess that’s not as bad as Hertz glitches sending their customers to prison but it’s still pretty bad and should teach George Clooney a lesson.
- What you didn’t know about the Apollo 11 mission 50 years ago
- American Airlines executive says they’re considering relaunching Chicago – Beijing and Shanghai if they do this to squat on route authorities I think we know that CEO Doug Parker’s claim that ‘this time is different’ in the industry is no longer true considering losses they’ve said have been as much as $100 million on the routes.
- Air Italy award space is great — but not close to departure
- We’ve seen someone check a can of beer as luggage and a bottle of deoderant (not to let a free checked bag allowance go to waste). What about a broom?