I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
New and notes from around the interweb:
- US airport lounges are much-improved … and much busier (NYT)
- Why is airport food so expensive? (You already know why it’s bad.)
- Chinese teen stole two planes – and was good enough he’s now going to be given flying lessons
- Alaska, Southwest and United all have new bonus offers for online shopping. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Bill payment service (charge bills to your credit card and they pay for you) service Plastiq shares that they’re going to start enforcing 90 day expiration of referral credits for accounts without any referral earning/redemption, but initially only for people they actually email (eventually for everyone else). It’s been their published policy and I didn’t realize they weren’t enforcing it to begin with.
- Aeromexico is trolling immigration opponents (discounts based on how much Mexican DNA they have). [HT David H.]
— Kevin Sieff (@ksieff) January 17, 2019