I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
This month American Express increased their initial offer for The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. In correspondence with readers this has proven especially popular. It’s a really undervalued card in a lot of ways – great value for the price, and not only because of the bonus. There are 9 reasons, I think, to consider getting this card.
- Initial bonus: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has an improved offer to earn 130,000 Hilton Honors points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases in the first 3 months on the product. That’s an increase of 5000 points over the already-generous previous offer.
- Strong return on spend at Hilton properties: the card earns 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio; 6X at US gas stations; US purchases for shipping; wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers; flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel; car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies; at US restaurants; 3X on all other eligible purchases
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status: which is great for avoiding those inferior rooms and gets complimentary breakfast, highly useful at resorts, it was a huge savings on my last beach vacation at Bora Bora Nui.
Bora Bora Nui Breakfast Buffet Stretches An Entire Room
- Spend for Diamond status: Receive top tier Diamond status after $40,000 spend on the card in a calendar year. If you just wanted Diamond the pricier premium personal card comes with that, but you may be spending $40,000 on this card anyway because of the benefits for spending even more than that.
- Annual free weekend night: $15,000 spend in purchases in a calendar year earns a weekend night reward.
- Additional free weekend night from spend: You earn another weekend night after you spend $60,000 in purchases on your card in the same calendar year. And since $40,000 spend earns Diamond status, if you earn the second free night you also are a top tier elite.
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
- Airport lounge access: The card comes with Priority Pass Select offering airport lounge access including 10 visits each year, which is amazing value on a $95 annual fee card (See Rates & Fees).
- Reportedly easier approvals. Over the past several months business credit card approvals have been tough, which is consistent with the experience reported by many readers. It’s understandable with all the uncertainty for small businesses during the pandemic and in this economy that banks would be cautious extending them new credit. However if reader reports about The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card are an indication that appears to be changing. Lots of approvals reported (so I would assume the same holds for the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card and Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card).
- Doesn’t add to Chase 5/24: American Express small business cards aren’t counted in your 5/24 total that Chase uses when considering whether to approve you for a card.
Conrad Koh Samui