I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a strong up front offer. In correspondence with readers this has proven especially popular. It’s a really undervalued card in a lot of ways – great value for the price, and not only because of the bonus. But the big takeaway right now is the free night on top of the bonus points you can earn from the card’s initial bonus offer.
There are 9 reasons, I think, to consider getting this card – which you should consider now that American Express has launched a new up front bonus offer that’s among the best we’ve seen since it includes a rich statement credit.
- Initial bonus: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a Limited Time Offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 Months of Card Membership. Plus you can earn a Free Night Reward after you spend $10,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 12/21/22.
- Strong return on spend at Hilton properties: the card will earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X at US gas stations, on US purchases for shipping, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers, on flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and at US restaurants, 3X on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status: which is great for avoiding those inferior rooms and gets complimentary breakfast, highly useful at resorts, it was a huge savings on my last beach vacation at Bora Bora Nui.
Bora Bora Nui Breakfast Buffet Stretches An Entire Room
- Spend for Diamond status: Receive top tier Diamond status after $40,000 spend on the card in a calendar year. If you just wanted Diamond the pricier premium personal card comes with that, but you may be spending $40,000 on this card anyway because of the benefits for spending even more than that.
- Annual free weekend night: You’ll earn a Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Additional free weekend night from spend: You earn another Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year. And since $40,000 spend earns Diamond status, if you earn the second free night you also are a top tier elite.
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
- Airport lounge access: The card lets you opt in for Priority Pass Select offering airport lounge access including 10 visits each year, which is amazing value on a $95 annual fee card (See Rates & Fees).
- Reportedly easier approvals. Over the past several months business credit card approvals have been tough, which is consistent with the experience reported by many readers. It’s understandable with all the uncertainty for small businesses during the pandemic and in this economy that banks would be cautious extending them new credit. However if reader reports about The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card are an indication that appears to be changing.
- Doesn’t add to Chase 5/24: American Express small business cards aren’t counted in your 5/24 total that Chase uses when considering whether to approve you for a card.
Conrad Koh Samui