I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
Here’s a look back at some of the best best deals that were available during 2017. Here are six that come to my mind as being especially valuable. What were the best deals you scored this year?
- $597 roundtrip business class from Vancouver to Sydney via Tokyo on ANA. This was a mistake fare, it was honored, and was good enough to be worth positioning to Western Canada for.
- Delta premium economy from several US cities to Beijing from $614 roundtrip Don’t think of this as premium economy just to China, but rather a great deal way to get to Asia comfortably for the price of a great coach fare.
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card has an 80,000 point signup bonus after $5000 spend within 3 months. That can even be enough for a roundtrip business class award ticket between the US and Europe. (Chase points are super valuable because they transfer directly to a variety of airlines and hotels.) This started at the end of 2016.
Singapore Airlines is a Transfer Partner
- Targeted 100,000 point signup offer for Platinum Card by American Express. You can enter your information into the Creditcards.com CardMatch tool to see if you’re eligible.
Offer retrieved November 21, 2017
You won’t see it right away. You’ll first see ‘pre-qualified offers’ and you need to click the tab on the left side of your screen for ‘CardMatch Special Offers’ for this to come up
- Southwest companion pass with credit cars signup for California residents. The Southwest companion pass is one of the best deals in travel and usually requires earning 110,000 points from flying or credit card in a year.
- ANA first class roundtrip between the US and Japan from 85,000 American Express Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards ran 30% transfer bonuses to Virgin Atlantic in the spring and in the fall and Virgin Atlantic lets you redeem ANA first class roundtrip for 110,000 or 120,000 miles depending on the route (business class is a great deal, too). Taxes and fees are modest, too.