I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
This is insane. Chase has increased the initial offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. This is one of the best card deals I’ve ever seen.
Chase has recently offered as much as 80,000 points as an initial bonus for the card. Last year that was probably the ‘deal of the year’. Now they’ve increased it by 25% above that, without even raising the spending requirement required to earn this bonus. And most readers can do $4000 spend within 3 months on a card ($1,333.33 per month) even without prepaying bills and the like.
- Earning: Double points on travel and dining at restaurants
- Transfer points to airlines and hotels: points transfer to United, Hyatt, Southwest, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Singapore Airlines, Air France KLM, JetBlue, Aer Lingus, Iberia, Emirates, Marriott, IHG Rewards Club.
- Or use them for statement credits: The new Pay Yourself Back tool lets you redeem points at 1.25 cents apiece in value against eligible card charges in rotating categories (or as always against paid travel booked through Chase’s portal at 1.25 cents apiece).
- Food delivery benefit: Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DoorDash’s DashPass (activate by December 31, 2021).
- Peleton credit: You can also get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
That’s on top of standard benefits like no foreign transaction fees and primary car rental collision, trip cancellation/interruption, lost luggage coverage and more. And your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card can be a ‘Chase Hub’.
If you have a Sapphire Preferred then consider also a no annual fee Chase Freedom Unlimited® which earns at least 1.5x on everything. While that card’s points do not transfer directly to airline or hotel programs, you can combine them into a Sapphire Preferred account, and from there to participating airline or hotel loyalty programs. This way you’ll never have to earn less than 1.5 points per dollar on spending again.
You’re not not eligible for this $95 annual fee card’s bonus if you’ve gotten a bonus for this card or for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card in the past 48 months, and Chase’s 5/24 applies which means to be approved you generally need to have opened fewer than 5 new card accounts in the past 24 months.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.