I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- The opportunity to earn 10x on restaurants and gas using Marriott credit cards has been extended to September 30.
The Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM Credit Card has a limited time offer to earn 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Border Patrol Has Used Facial Recognition to Scan More Than 16 Million Fliers — and Caught Just 7 Imposters
- Hyundai Development Corporation’s expected takeover of Star Alliance airline Asiana looks likely to collapse
- Virgin Atlantic cuts more jobs
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- Update on the new Washington National airport concourse that replaces the dreaded gate 35X. (HT: Edward Russell)
- Back in March Marriott furloughed two-thirds of corporate staff. Now they’ve announced actual termination for 673 of the 4000 corporate headquarters employees.
- Coronavirus gave the European Commission a way to call subsidies for Alitalia legal
Copyright: jvdwolf / 123RF Stock Photo