I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
American Express is running a huge offer for cardmembers with their small business cards to refer new cardmembers. In addition to the typical points or statement credit referral offers, cardmembers can earn a limited time “Travel More with +4” referral bonus through November 14.
When a cardmember’s referral is successfully approved during this period, they can earn ‘+4’ rewards on up to $20,000 in travel and transit purchases for 3 months starting from the first date a qualifying referral results in an approved account. Refer new cardmembers here.
This offer is available for cardmembers with,
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (see rates and fees)
- American Express® Business Gold Card (See rates and fees)
- Business Green Rewards Card
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express (See rates and fees)
- American Express Blue Business CashTM Card (See rates and fees)
- Plum Card®
Naturally to earn bonus points from this offer, qualifying charges need to appear in the relevant travel or transit categories. That means you need the actual travel or transit merchant to be the one making the charge – a mobile wallet payment may not show up that way, and it may not show up that way if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader.
- Spend in the bonused travel category includes: airfare, hotels, cruises, tours, car rentals, campgrounds, third party travel websites, and purchases from amextravel.com. (Timeshare property purchases are specifically excluded.)
- Spend in the bonused transit category includes: trains, taxicabs, rideshare services, ferries, tolls, parking, buses, and subways.
What’s amazing is that 4 points per dollar really is additive. As explained in the terms as an example,
A Business Platinum® Card Member who typically earns, among other rewards, 5X Membership Rewards® Points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com will earn 9X points for purchases on amextravel.com (5X + additional 4 Points).
You can only earn this bonus one time during the promotion period. The +4 reward will be credited to your account 8-12 weeks after qualifying purchases.
For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
For rates and fees of the American Express® Business Gold Card, click here.
For rates and fees of The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, click here.