I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News notes from around the interweb:
- Star Alliance member Scandinavian is mostly shutting down on Monday and laying off 90% of staff.
- Hilton free weekend night certificates, such as those from spending on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are being extended.
For all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, the expiration date is extended through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021). There is no need for you to do anything, as your certificate(s) are being automatically updated in our systems.
- Coronavirus Is Causing Chaos for Travel Influencers: When your income depends on promoting travel, staying home comes at a cost. (NYT)
- Laid off Expedia employees speak out against management
How Awesome Would It Be If The Tell-All Came From The Expedia Dancers? Flickr: Juggernautco
- Photos of tourist sites in Asia, side-by-side before and after coronavirus. (HT: David H.)
- Well, that’s one way to do social distancing…
- FAA pulls license from charter airline flying Major League Baseball teams they did too much business for the private carriage license they were under and don’t currently qualify for a common carriage license.
The FAA said Paradigm used its two Boeing 757 and one 737 jets to fly teams such as the Oakland Athletics, Cleveland Indians and Arizona Diamondbacks as well as the NHL’s New York Rangers.
It also booked long-term contracts with the Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies and Seattle Mariners.