News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless cardmembers can register to earn 1 elite night for every $3000 spent on the card from July 1 through September 30,2021.
- Marriott Hawaii class action lawsuit settlement for failing to inform guests their stay would be disrupted by strikes. At the corporate level Marriott stuck it to customers, too refusing to waive cancellation penalties for guests who didn’t want the miserable experience on offer.
Unbelievable images from the NTSB this morning of the Boeing 737-200 that ditched off Hawaii last week. Three main pieces but largely otherwise intact. Interestingly it’s split forward of the wing and no surprises that the podded engine got ripped off. pic.twitter.com/LLZy4lUFeP
— Scott Bateman MBE 💙 (@scottiebateman) July 10, 2021
- Spaceflights for Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos spur race for… insurers
- Small kindnesses can pay off in big loyalty, “Customer loyalty starts long before the first purchase. It starts with a simple act of caring, of acknowledgement, of an easy-to-digest introduction to your brand.”
- Singapore Changi is 40 years old and widely considered the best airport in the world.