News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air New Zealand status match
- Thailand’s Transportation Minister caught Covid-19 from an aide who got it at a strip club we really don’t know why Southeast Asia didn’t see significant spread of Covid-19 last year. Some 90% of Thai cases had been asymptomatic. Now it’s picking up compared to earlier levels, but still low by world standards, with the UK variant spreading.
Vaccination in countries that haven’t seen significant spread is moving slowly, making re-opening more difficult. Some of 2020’s Covid winners may wind up relinquishing some of their relative gains.
- London Heathrow will ground aircraft for six minutes during Prince Philip’s funeral
- United will add a new coach pillow to all Frankfurt flights at the end of the month
- Customers using the T-mobile benefit of an hour of free Gogo wifi will have to verify possession of the phone so that T-mobile subscribers can’t just give out their number to others willy-nilly and share free inflight internet. Eventually internet onboard more airlines will be free, of course.
- Two targeted Amex Offers you may be able to add to a card could make use it with UberEats (temporarily) worthwhile. First is 3 additional Membership Rewards points per dollar spent, up to 500 points and second is spend $15, get $5 back which you can use up to 5 times.
Of course you may already even have an Amex card in your Uber account from monthly Uber credits / Eats Pass.
- While we’re on the subject of Amex Offers you can add to your account, there’s 15% back at Starbucks.