News and notes from around the interweb:
- “The Federal Aviation Administration is prohibited from creating safety regulations for private spaceflights until October 2023.” Tyler Cowen offers “How else do you think they got Shatner up there?”
- Singapore Airlines is serving 2012 Piper Hiedsieck champagne in business class on many routes including out of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York.
- The angle on this is hideous.
— ˜”*° JonNYC °*”˜ (@xJonNYC) October 24, 2021
- If you signed up for Uber Eats Pass free via Amex a year ago… don’t forget to turn off auto-renewal.
- Flight attendants at American Airlines wholly-owned regional carrier Piedmont have been voting to authorize a strike though the government hasn’t released them to strike and the union pitched this as something unlikely to actually happen. They overwhelmingly authorized it. The company’s pay proposal actually reduces cash in pockets to cabin crew because their health care costs go up more than pay.
- Cuba re-opens to foreign visitors November 15
- Norwegian will start allowing points redemptions again November 1 of course (1) this is little use to most Americans since the airline no longer flies to the U.S., and (2) you shouldn’t trust any airline’s currency once they’ve ‘suspended redemptions’ once.