News and notes from around the interweb:
- You can sometimes save a lot of money on rental cars just by setting your pickup and drop off times on the half hour instead of on the hour. Savings can be in the hundreds.
- Spirit Airlines kicks off white people? This man appears to have been kicked off of a Spirit Airlines flight for confronting African American passengers on board (based on his narrative). He says it’s racism against him, something something Mar-a-Lago, and his best friend is black. Only it’s not even clear whom he’s yelling at. He isn’t in custody. Maybe he wants to be?
Maga freak out spotted at the LasVegas Airport. pic.twitter.com/YIPr9R9eRN
— Michelle (@LivingBlueTX) September 21, 2022
- How to find your next aviation job.
— Paul Thompson 🇺🇦 (@FlyingPhotog) September 21, 2022
- What does American Airlines think you’re entitled to when your business class seat to Europe doesn’t recline? Ridiculous, the airline did not deliver the product they sold to the customer.
“You’re sitting straight up, you have a little more legroom, but it definitely wasn’t like the $7,000 seat we were anticipating and expecting and excited about,” …The Walshes showed NBC 5 emails from American Airlines customer service initially offering 5,000 miles then $200 each in trip credits.
…American Airlines tells NBC 5 Responds it offered the Walshes a seat in the economy section for the economy price, but they declined. It wasn’t clear if there were two seats that would have allowed the Walshes to sit together. …Last week, the Walshes shared an email from customer service offering trip credits totaling $1,600 dollars.
- United has been doing a lot of this lately – even for non-status members with milestone anniversaries for joining MileagePlus. The small recognition means a lot.
Happily surprised by pilots & crew of #UA794 who congratulated me as the flight would be my one millionth lifetime mile. I got Million Miler Medallion & message from CEO Scott Kirby. I even got upgrade. When I landed into San Diego, passengers gave me applause. Thank you @united. pic.twitter.com/9KTFMwKiik
— Cid Wilson (@CidWilson) September 22, 2022
- New Hyatt joint venture for Japanese ryokans
- Airports that offer airside passes when you’re not traveling