New and notes from around the interweb:
- A New Jersey mayor, who is Muslim, was detained and questioned for hours about terrorism after returning from a trip to Turkey. He’s been in office for 14 years. But, he’s Muslim, so..
- 10 facts about the Singapore Airlines female flight attendants uniform
- MGM has reportedly made a deal to sell its low-end Circus Circus property.
- Kate Beckinsale showed up at London Heathrow on Friday with 17 suitcases for her flight to Los Angeles
- Strictly speaking watches probably aren’t necessary anymore – at least to tell time, as opposed to as wearable tech – though I really loved nice watches growing up. So part of me wants the new Etihad-Breitling watch except that it retails for $4995 and there’s no way on earth I’d ever pay that for a watch.
When Breitling introduced the Navitimer in 1952, there was no way of knowing that the pilot’s chronograph would set the pace for nearly seven decades of pioneering aviation timepieces. More recently, the brand created a Navitimer 1 Airlines Capsule Collection of special editions commemorating the iconic airlines of the golden age of aviation, including Swiss Air, TWA and Pan Am.
Earlier this week, at New York Fashion Week, Breitling expanded that circle of legendary airline collaborations to include Etihad, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, with whom it has co-created an exclusive new model, the Aviator 8 Day & Date 41 Limited Edition.. Eastern Arabic numerals appear on the dial of a Breitling model in a nod to Etihad’s Arabian heritage.
- A Kenyan lawmaker wants to tackle the problem of too many passengers passing gas inflight. (HT: One Mile at a Time) In fairness we’ve seen flights divert because of this issue. Here’s why it happen so much on planes (and what you can do about it).
Ben’s Chili Bowl, Washington National Airport