News notes from around the interweb:
- Report that some customers have been able to get a statement credit in lieu of $15 a month Uber credit from their Amex Platinum card, but remember you can use the monthly credit for UberEats!
- Liquidators make 2,000 Adria Airways uniforms available for sale
- Marriott free night certificates extended to January 31, 2021
- ANA is extending mileage expiration to March 31, 2021 “for all mileage set to expire between March 31, 2020 and February 28, 2021” and offering “double premium points for those on flights between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020.”
- Inside American Airlines’ Scramble as Virus Grounds Jets by Hundreds (NYT)
- Four Seasons New York is donating its rooms to house medical personnel dealing with coronavirus (HT: @jayhawnj)
Many of those working in New York City have to travel long distances to and from their homes after putting in 18-hour days..They need a place close to work where they can rest and regenerate.
- Majority state-owned Singapore Airlines is getting a funds injection from Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund no surprise, the airline is the country’s brand. U.S. airlines can’t complain about government subsidies anymore, though I thought that would the true when United lost its CEO to a bribery scandal where they effectively paid off an official for government favors – but U.S. airlines never cease to amaze me in their brashness. (Subsidies for me, but not for thee)