News and notes from around the interweb:
- Paraplegic United passenger had to scoot down the aisle on his butt. On his honeymoon. But he wasn’t being dragged, so…
- Marriott and Expedia are finalizing a new agreement and what’s inside could overhaul how hotels and online travel agency sites work.
Expedia Dancers. Flickr: Juggernautco
- At sprawling HNA Group, formed out of Hainan Airlines and which owns other travel businesses, the fire sale to raise cash continues. China Development Bank is providing over half a billion dollars to make payments to creditors due January 20 while Hong Kong officials prepare for the possibility of Hong Kong Airlines’ collapse.
- Sun Country: Inside America’s Most Unusual Airline
- Buffalo, New York needs to pay people to visit in winter
- After only recently making the ‘c’ lower case, Mastcard’s logo now no longer has any words at all.
— Mastercard (@Mastercard) January 7, 2019
My favorite thing about the new MasterCard logo is that they tried *so hard* to get rid of all the letters and keep it clean — but still couldn’t avoid adding a tiny yellow “TM” on the bottom right, like some kind of buzzing insect pic.twitter.com/4oVH391xup
— Felix Salmon (@felixsalmon) January 7, 2019