New and notes from around the interweb:
- Air New Zealand admits using deceptive sales tactics on their website
- New Priority Pass lounge for the Miami E gates
- American Express is facing record expenses for credit card rewards
American Express Co. is learning how expensive it is to keep an airline happy.
AmEx has been focused on rolling out new cards with many of its larger co-brand partners, and renewed its deal with its largest one, Delta Air Lines Inc., in April. That helped push spending on cardholder rewards to a record $2.65 billion in the second quarter, topping the $2.64 billion average of analysts’ estimates.
- Man climbs onto a plane’s wing at the Lagos airport to hitch a ride
- I just can’t help re-sharing my all-time favorite miles and points television commercial, even though they’re talking up redeeming points for merchandise which you should almost never do.