News and notes from around the interweb:
- Travel Codex offers a warning that I’ve now seen picked up on other sites that eMed is sending out Covid-19 tests that appear to be about to expire (in some cases they’re even shipping tests that show as expired). Not to worry! The FDA extended validity on these tests to 12 months from manufacture back in April. eMed just never put new expiration stickers on the tests.
- While airlines have spoken out about voting laws in several states (e.g. American Airlines on the Texas law, Delta was for and even helped write the Georgia one before they were against it) they’ve been curiously silent on abortion restrictions such as the new Texas law.
- Really candid interview with the CEO of Avelo Airlines in the latest Airlines Confidential podcast.
- New low cost transpacific carrier Northern Pacific, which will award crypto instead of miles, has secured six Boeing 757-200s, probably ex-American Airlines birds. The airline still seems unlikely to succeed.
- This lounge waitlist thing… isn’t quite working.
— Raf (@raf_traveller) September 22, 2021