News and notes from around the interweb:
- US tourist fined for driving rental car over medieval Italian bridge (HT: Paul H)
- Delta still offers reasonable business class awards on partner airlines – as long as the itinerary isn’t to/from North America
- Ten years ago an American Airlines flight attendant gave us “Brick House” as our landing music. This agent on the jet bridge in Miami is perfect.
Amazing welcome to Miami, can you guess what’s she’s singing? @AmericanAir @iflymia pic.twitter.com/s4O9n541Cp
— Guaguamisha (@guaguamisha) January 29, 2023
- Some people travel just for the ‘vibes’.
— cold 🥑 (@coldhealing) January 29, 2023
- Paging Goldilocks Airlines. Asian carriers keep their cabins too hot, American Airlines…
@AmericanAir Flight AA1836 from SJU to CLT today was unreasonably cold. The entire plane was freezing for the duration of the flight, but our business class section was blowing the coldest air. Everyone was in coats or blankets and still shivering. Hope you fix that plane! pic.twitter.com/w3ZnwQVHaq
— Bethany Hanlon (@bethanyhanlon31) January 30, 2023
- Southwest signs on former House Aviation subcommittee chair as lobbyist (HT: @crucker)
Asian carriers do not keep cabins “too hot”. It’s their regional cultural preference. Pretty shocking to see this level of disrespect for other ways of life, on this supposedly worldly travel blog.
Will Smith assaults people
I was looking for a video of Chris Rock getting slapped.
I’m Asian, and I can tell you that heat is NOT a cultural preference. Not sure where you get this info, but please stop with this nonsense.
Gary, I very interesting use of Delta miles in what you posted.
If flying Syd-Lax-mexico, do you need to pick up your bags in LAX or only if on a domestic connection?
An amazing opportunity if true.