News and notes from around the interweb:
- Bank of America is sending existing Alaska Airlines cardholders an offer to earn $100 with $1500 spend:
Make the most of your summer with bonus rewards. Activate this offer and earn $100 in the form of a statement credit when you spend at least $1,500 on purchases made with your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card through 09/30/2021.
- Delta has added million mile status as a tie-breaker for upgrades
- Good primer on upgrading with miles on Emirates
- JetBlue has re-upped is co-brand card deal with Barclays and Mastercard so I’d expect to see updates to their products, perhaps even a new card introduced.
- American Airlines moved back to Terminal 2A at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport on Tuesday. Back in December 2A switched to being used as a Schengen terminal with international flights temporarily moved to 2E.
- Avelo’s suspension of routes may be no big deal for the carrier they’re trying many routes that didn’t previously have non-stop service so involves a lot of trail and error in the face of limited historical data.
[T]rial and error is how entrepreneurial firms gain empirical data to supplement their modeling. Avelo continues working with Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN) getting ready to launch service from there by the end of the year, basing three 737s there. In June, Avelo committed $1.2 million for near-term improvements to the existing passenger terminal, to which airport contract manager AvPORTS is adding $2.8 million. AvPORTS has reached an agreement with HVN to finance a $100 million capital improvement program that includes lengthening the runway by 1,000 feet (to facilitate fully-loaded 737 operations) and an all-new passenger terminal, under a 43-year lease agreement.
- American tourists didn’t have a great reputation to begin with.
Officer Hodges on Republicans describing insurrectionists as "tourists": "Well, if that's what American tourists are like, I can see why foreign countries don't like American tourists." pic.twitter.com/fmV6I7QEJz
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 27, 2021