News and notes from around the interweb:
- Etihad says they’re going to keep losing money until 2023.
- A woman complained about receiving unwanted sexually harassing texts via the Virgin Atlantic inflight messaging system. Matthew Klint says this means inflight messaging should be shut down. That’s silly. Obnoxious people drink (far more often) and airlines still serve booze.
Klint acknowledges flight attendants “swiftly dealt with the issue,” texts stopped and crew continued checking on the woman. He says “[n]ever assume adults will act like grown-ups” but the solution isn’t to treat all adults as children it’s to deal with the adults who are causing a problem. This sort of incident is extremely rare, how often have you heard of it?
Yesterday I was on a @VirginAtlantic flight, and I unexpectedly received these sexually harassing messages on my screen (I was in 55C).
The flight attendants were helpful & dealt with it swiftly.
— Jessica Van Meir (@jessicavanmeir) October 6, 2019
- Video of two Republic Airways employees getting in a fight in Denver
- 124 year old Indian man flew to Abu Dhabi and yes their systems could handle a date of birth from the 19th century.
Lieutenant Colonel Ahmed Al Dallah said that passport employees entered his data without any problems.
He said the Indian centenarian left the UAE after spending his holiday, refuting claims alleging the passport employees found it difficult to register him.
- New Sandra Oh Air Canada commercial (HT: Kate)
- Why so many airlines are going bankrupt. They’re all European airlines and all ceasing business in September or October.