News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earn miles for doctor visits. This could either tax the health care system, or really incentivize cost-saving preventive care..
- Grocery stores that sell $500 gift cards
- Skift takes an interesting approach to valuing miles: averaging the values assigned by me, Lucky, and The Points Guy. I think that’s wrong-headed of course, as I believe my valuations to be correct (or else they wouldn’t be my valuations). Nonetheless, interesting..
- United wasn’t very nice to this dog and their social media team passed the buck to a third party. I can’t imagine turning my little guy over to an airline, having to trust them…
- Democrat Senators focusing on Uber and Lyft privacy policies and technologies
- US airlines don’t compete in the same markets with Gulf carriers. Thus, arguably, there’s fertile ground for partnerships beyond American-Qater, American-Etihad, and Alaska-Emirates. (HT: Idir A.)