News and notes from around the interweb:
- I asked y’all what carry on bag I should get and am still conflicted but here’s a pretty good answer.
- So easy to forget, we were warned that the AAdvantage program would probably change four years ago.
- New seats that ‘twist’ with the body’s movements promise to make long haul flights more comfortable (HT: Alan H.)
- Interview with the chef for JetBlue’s Mint class
Taking the loss of moisture through heating in a convection oven onboard as well as the time from preparation to service into account was super important when building the menu. Braised fish or meat or dishes that have a sauce component do best with the heating process and are always a great result. Sous vide preparation is something that isn’t widely used, but we have brought it into our arsenal as a way to combat moisture loss for food on-board.
- Etihad Dealt Defeat on Air Berlin Code-Shares by German Court
- On Wednesday a United 737-900 from Seattle overran the runway at O’Hare “and came to a stop on the paved surface of the runway end safety area about 110 meters past the end of the runway. There were no injuries, a number of runway lights were damaged.”
- Twelve signs you might be a terrorist.