News and notes from around the interweb:
- A United plane slid off the runway at O’Hare and passengers didn’t even notice
- The 10 oldest jetliners using the same continuous tail number. Three of the five oldest are Iran Air 747s, and the other 2 are ex-Continental birds flown by Fedex.
- Is Amtrak’s new revenue-based program imposing capacity controls on awards? That wasn’t part of the deal they sold us.
- IHG Rewards Club e-mails me: “The new IHG® Rewards Club PointBreaks list of almost 170 hotels worldwide will be posted on Monday, January 25 for bookings and stays from January 25 – April 30, 2016 (subject to availability) at this link. Each Reward Night at these participating hotels will be only 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points during the above mentioned dates. Visit the IHG Blog to see a preview list.”
- Shooting in the Lobby of Chicago’s Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Police say there was a birthday party happening in the lobby of the hotel when someone pulled out a gun and started shooting around 2:30 a.m. [Courtney] Taylor was reportedly trying to break up the fight, but ended up dead.
…Police say the suspect fired several more shots as he ran from the building, fleeing on foot, northbound on King Drive.
- “747 Forever – 40 years of romance” … 47 years of Air France 747 history boiled down to a 2-minute YouTube video, now that the airline has ceased flying the Queen of the Skies.
[…] Even with an overall lack of luxury properties, these redemptions are still often a great value, especially if a Point Breaks property is located somewhere you are already going to travel. Now let’s take a look. Here is the Point Breaks Preview which was released on the IHG blog. The full list will be released tomorrow here. (HT: View from the Wing) […]