This morning I asked folks to come up with the best defense they could possibly muster for Delta Skymiles.
- For those who enjoy puzzles, Delta.com can provide days of enjoyment while you try to piece together a saver level award.
- With other programs, its tough to part with your miles since they’re so valuable. No such issue with SkyMiles.
- Pay with Miles. At 1 cent per mile value, only Delta can make a credible claim that this is a good deal.
- One way and round trip awards for the same price. Most people see this as a negative, but instead you could think of it as a free return trip with each one-way award!
- The fact that they make award chart changes effective immediately without prior notice is great. By pissing off their loyal customers, I hope enough of them will abandon Delta so that I can get upgrades and saver level awards more easily!
You know, I think I’m actually convinced!