I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
SoFi Money will give you $25 when you sign up and deposit $100, and you can leverage this by referring friends – which gets you $25 each, and they get $25 for their deposit too. You can get up to $10,000 per year this way.
Here are 6 reasons to sign up with SoFi Money.
- $25 easy. Open an account using a referral link and deposit $100 within 14 days to earn a $25 bonus. Your $25 is added within a day or two. You don’t even need to keep the funds there after that.
- Leverage referrals for up to $10,000 a year since you earn $25 per person you refer who makes their own qualifying deposit, and they earn their $25 also. Once you have an account download the SoFi app to find your referral link.
- Earn 1.6% APY interest. That’s not a bad rate of return on the cash you’ve got sitting in the account, of course rates are variable and subject to change (say if the Fed brings down rates again).
- No account fees at all – no transaction fees, foreign transaction fees, annual or monthly fees, account inactivity fees or account minimum fees. Nada.
- ATM fee reimbursement SoFi will credit your account for ATM fees at all Plus, NYCE, and Visa ATMs worldwide.
- 20% rebate on Lyft rides through February 18, 2020 up to $1000 back. Add your SoFi Money debit card to your Lyft profile and make it your default payment method to earn the rebate. Reportedly this stacks with promo codes as well.
You’ll get $25 after signing up and depositing $100 (as long as you make the deposit within 14 days of account opening). That’s easy money and you can keep getting $25 for each person you refer with your SoFi Money link. That’s free, easy money.
There are no hoops, but bear in mind you should be in the U.S. when you sign up for an account or their security systems will flag you. I was traveling internationally and called in once I got back to open my account no problem.
And if you have $1000 you can let sit for a bit, you can also pick up a SoFi Invest account. That offers a $100 bonus when you deposit $1000 and everyone you refer who funds a new SoFi Invest account gets you another $100 as well subject to the same $10,000 per year cap.