News and notes from around the interweb:
- They didn’t like the fish.
— Steven Bognar (@Bogs4NY) August 3, 2018
- A Qantas cabin crew member was fired after having to go to the hospital with a blood alcohol level over 0.2. He appealed arguing that his 5 cocktails couldn’t have produced that level of intoxication, so it must have been someone else’s fault. Qantas had to cover $20,000 in charges. He lost the appeal, which surprises me because this is Australian labor law — another Qantas flight attendant won AU$33,000 after being fired for theft and lying, with the government calling that firing ‘harsh’.
- Meanwhile two Iraqi Airways pilots have been fired after getting into a fight in the cockpit over meal service while enroute to Baghdad with 137 passengers onboard. They both have bright futures as US air marshals.
- Boeing’s 737 ramp up slows as unfinished planes pile up in Renton
- Many of you may already know that the classic comedy Airplane! is a recreation of the 1957 disaster film Zero Hour!. Here’s a great frame-by-frame comparison of the two films.
- Don’t behave this way at immigration. It can only end badly. (Language NSFW.)