News and notes from around the interweb:
- 80% of Americans can get SMART health card QR codes for their vaccination status as a Texas resident who got shots from smaller providers I am not eligible, which is a bummer for travel to Singapore.
- Emirates won’t accept BinaxNOW tests for travel from Dubai to the U.S. even though the U.S. accepts it, and Emirates will accept it for transit and for flights from Athens and Milan to the U.S.
- Northwest Arkansas will give you $10,000 in crypto and a bike for moving there and there’s surprisingly good air service out of XNA in part thanks to Walmart’s headquarters.
- An interesting defense of travel bans they’re stupid, but necessary for any real response to proceed also?
I am far from sure this will prove effective, but it is the kind of security theater you need for the rest of the public health response not to get too caught up with recriminations over this issue. There are some (possible) stupidities you simply need to tolerate.
- The new Hello Kitty hotel in Sanya, China will be a Hyatt JdV property
“We look forward to bringing to life well-loved Sanrio characters in this exciting new project, which will retain a unique identity while providing the JdV by Hyatt brand’s signature guest experience that is inclusive, free-spirited and distinguished by heartfelt and joy-driven service,”
- Texas Monthly profile of the new Southwest Airlines CEO