News notes from around the interweb:
- Citibank is offering a 25% bonus on transfers to Qantas through February 22. Qantas has been making much better award space available to its own members than to partners.
- The Dutch king is still an active pilot for KLM.
The Dutch king still is an active 737 pilot who regularly flies unsuspecting KLM pax to their destination. Yesterday he piloted flight KL1253 to Nice. Which is nice. https://t.co/H76ad9raMB
— Steven (@Airwaysfoodie) January 17, 2020
- Qatar Airways is introducing lower-priced saver awards, and (often) higher priced revenue-based redemptions. They’re also adding cash and miles options for paid bookings. Privilege Club is generally a weak program, worse than Gulf region competitors.
- Kuwait Airways is losing $17 million per aircraft
- The science behind TSA security theater is equally well grounded.
Young TSA guy just asked me, “Is Earth round or flat?” He was completely serious. I pointed out that Mars & the Moon are round. My heart sinks. We have to up our Science Education Game in the US. Tomorrow is MLK day. We have to up our Civil Rights Game, as well. Let’s Go!
— Bill Nye (@BillNye) January 19, 2020