News notes from around the interweb:
- Air Canada tells the Department of Transportation that they aren’t subject to its rules when selling tickets to U.S. consumers (“extraterritorial application of U.S. law”) and that the agency cannot make them issue refunds for cancelled flights. As I wrote last month it’s time to sue Air Canada.
- Will the Luxor Las Vegas be demolished?
- Qatar Airways A321neo will get a ‘mini’ QSuite
- Inside what went wrong at Virgin Australia
- Gordon Ramsay ‘can’t wait’ to put beef ‘rendang’ on his restaurant’s menu
“The number one seller at our restaurant at Terminal 5 [of Heathrow Airport in] London is butter chicken, which [I learned to make and understood when] I went to India, the birthplace of butter chicken. So, I can’t wait to put beef rendang [on the menu]; I can’t wait to do that.”
- Fort Wayne airport still gives passengers a free cookie on arrival just using a self serve kiosk instead of a person to hand it out.