News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airline flies to wrong airport in Nigeria, denies it claiming ‘we meant to do that’, the pilot admitted being given the wrong flight plan (and getting confused?) while the airline insists it was a weather diversion.
This is the Nigerian airline, by the way, that just got permission to fly to the United States and is being courted by the Governor of Texas despite only flying regional jets and the trip distance being over 6,000 miles.
Nigeria my country. We departed Lagos about an hour ago on @flyunitedng to Abuja, and upon arrival, the cabin crew confidently announced that we've arrived Abuja, only for us to realize that we landed in Asaba. Apparently, our pilot was given wrong flight plan from Lagos ♂️ pic.twitter.com/Qv4zepDiVF
— Peacock (@dawisu) November 26, 2023
- It appears that ANA has suspended redemptions on Philippine Airlines between the U.S. and Manila, effective November 6. Since Etihad no longer partners with PAL, there don’t appear to be good redemption options with them any longer, which is a shame because their seats are usually available.
- 19 reasons not to hate on United’s cringey holiday rom-com
- New Analogic scanners at TSA checkpoints don’t allow oversized bags, so you can’t bring those bags that have to be checked to the gate in order to gate check them for free.
- It’s now possible to redeem Flying Blue points for Etihad flights though American AAdvantage redemptions remain cheaper for long haul
- Worth visiting for some of you.
- Delta was great about cleaning planes during the pandemic. That was something I’d hoped we would keep. Alas.
— Steve Adkins (@SteveInHotlanta) November 27, 2023
Then again, American…
— Zac (@smittyzac) November 27, 2023