While a career as a pilot is more accessible to women than ever before, it remains heavily male-dominated and culturally masculine.
- Unofficial online pilot forums are sometimes highly sexualized. When Delta introduced a ‘red dress’ uniform option for flight attendants, pilots began referring to female Delta crew as RDQ or non-RDQ.. red dress-qualified.
- Here a pilot let a porn star play with his controls inflight.
- Air Canada had to warn pilots to stop leaving porn in the cockpit.
- Here’s a copy of an Etihad maintenance form writing up the plane’s wifi because pilots couldn’t check Facebook or porn sites inflight.
- A couple of years ago passengers on my American Airlines flight couldn’t use the lavatory because a pilot spent a good chunk of the flight in the galley hitting on a flight attendant.
Still here’s something I’ve never come across before. German airline Condor, which serves a dozen U.S. destinations including my home city of Austin, is issuing a stern warning to pilots not to film flight attendants having sex in flight.
A German airline has threatened pilots with two years in jail if they secretly film stewardesses having sex on planes or pass the videos around.
Holiday carrier Condor Airlines was forced into the move after bosses heard rumours that its pilots were passing round videos and pictures of stewardesses in sex acts with other staff on planes or other company sites.The images were being bartered like trophies between pilots on the airline..
Copyright: gordzam / 123RF Stock Photo
The airline is concerned that a flight could be endangered by pilot filming antics, presumably they ignore their duties in the cockpit in search of crew having sex. So if pilots are caught filming these acts they can be fired, and if a flight “is endangered” they could face “two years in prison” according to a warning the airline posted to an internal website.
“We have learned of the following facts: within the circle of the pilots, there are obviously some colleagues secretly taking photos and/or video recordings of the female colleagues who show the affected persons in clear sexual acts,” the website said, according to German news magazine Focus.
Crew rest bunk, American Airlines Boeing 787-8
I do wonder if this whole thing is apocryphal despite the airline taking it seriously and issuing warnings since apparently the airline “has not yet been able to unearth any staff sex videos.” Or perhaps it’s one of those things where everyone knows where the drugs are except the authorities.