News and notes from around the interweb:
- History of tipping it was actually a practice imported to the U.S. from Europe. Seven states banned the practice. William Howard Taft was elected President after declaring his opposition to it. It was the U.S. anti-tipping movement that actually spread to Europe… (HT: @crucker)
- Former American Airlines Chairman Doug Parker joins Qantas board which can’t be good news for Qantas. (HT: Nick B) Here’s his legacy.
- Sounds of the International Airport Restrooms (HT: Jim H)
- When you don’t want to be filmed, you literally know you’re being filmed, so why do this on film?
— KanayoUbesieJr (@jr_kanayo) May 22, 2023
- Another airport allows non-travelers to clear security. I just wish we didn’t have to use regular screeninglines instad of CLEAR and PreCheck when doing so.
Exciting news from TUL, we've launched the new TUL Visitor Pass Program!
— Tulsa Airport (@tulsaairports) May 22, 2023
- United’s Denver expansion they’ve announced 35 new flights including 6 new destinations, though honestly with 12 new gates it seems like there should be more. There’s a new United Club and two refurbishments as well, plus in a couple of years there will be a Polaris lounge.