News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- Best things to see, eat, and do at 10 U.S. hub airports
- Whose domestic upgrade system is better? American’s or US Airways’?
I think most flyers prefer US Airways’ “unlimited complimentary upgrades” (similar to United and Delta offerings) but that lower tier flyers do better picking and choosing when they want to upgrade most with American’s 500 mile certificate program. I’m pretty sure the industry standard will win out, and American will take the associated revenue hit to avoid appearing to “take away” something from US Airways elites that everyone else offers too.
- Updates have been added to the very funny ‘Frequent Flyer Life’ Tumblr
- 500 Aeroplan miles for designing your dream kitchen (no purchase necessary, through July 31, for Canadian residents). (HT: Canadian Travel Hacking)
- New Airbus patented ‘bicycle seats’. They’ll probably get Michael O’Leary back into the media spotlight, but I’m betting they never see the inside of a commercial aircraft.