The American Airlines flight attendants union announced to its members on Wednesday that it has presented specific proposals asking the airline to reduce service offered to passengers.
APFA has proposed a temporary reduction to onboard service levels and customer touchpoints. Our goal is to maintain the highest level of Flight Attendant and passenger safety as possible onboard the aircraft. These proposed changes lessen the time that a passenger will not be wearing a mask and, in turn, limit Flight Attendant exposure.
APFA proposals include serving entreés with salad/soup/appetizers in premium cabins when possible and reducing main cabin beverage services on domestic and IPD flights. We have asked that these reductions in service be implemented immediately.
They want single tray service in international business (and first) class and reduced beverage service in coach on all flights. And they say this is to keep flight attendants safe.
Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to award incentives to employees for getting exemption from vaccination requirements. American reports that 96% of employees have either been vaccinated or gotten an approved exemption which, more or less, appears to mean asking for an exemption. And the company tells employees it is working with the remaining 4% to try to get them either vaccinated or to claim an exemption.
[…] American Airlines flight attendants union asked the airline to cut service levels for passengers because they don’t want to work because they’re concerned about the spread of […]