News and notes from around the interweb:
- Good primer on the value of Best Western’s 50% off redemption promo
- American Airlines has stopped handing out sanitizer wipes on board. After all, they’re paying incentives to employees who don’t get vaccinated. It was a complicated process to get permission to have sanitizer on the plane in the first place. In contrast Delta actually installed sanitizer stations on planes.
- 2000 Delta miles for your first Turo rental, then 500 miles on subsequent rentals
- The UK will no longer require masks on planes but British Airways and Virgin Atlantic will require them anyway. Remember that US airlines required masks before there was a federal mandate, and the requirements at Southwest, American and United were more restrictive than what the feds require.
- An argument that the Airbus A380 made sense for state capacity-building, and drove sales of other Airbus aircraft so wasn’t as big an across-the-board failure as the project otherwise looks. But it was still a failure, even if the aircraft was great for passenger experience.
- United Airlines passenger blames turbulence for unwanted sexual touching of the passenger sitting next to them.
- Police officer helps family get to Nashville airport on time after tire goes flat
Doing whatever we can to help our community members, Ofc. Angle did not hesitate this morning to change a family’s flat tire. They were on their way to @Fly_Nashville to catch a flight when they struck a pothole on I-40, rupturing the tire. Angle got them back on their way! pic.twitter.com/7m5wsP338m
— Mt. Juliet Police (@MtJulietPolice) January 19, 2022