News and notes from around the interweb:
- 25% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards to Air France KLM Flying Blue through June 15.
- ‘Fake cleaners’ posing as staff so they can raid hotel rooms
- Was his next announcement ‘Let’s Go Brandon’? That said he isn’t wrong that CDC and – I assume he means FDA, not FAA – have performed poorly during the pandemic.
My @AmericanAir pilot just said “you can probably trust me more than the CDC or the FAA anyway” when announcing we can take off our masks if we want to and that it had been a mandate and not a law. MIA to UIO, flight #AA2259 #inappropriate I hope he flies more professionally!
— The Parson Carson (@Conductor222) May 16, 2022
- Now that he’s not being prosecuted for the attack… Meanwhile Bill Maher says he’ll keep flying private because young people don’t really care about the environment, penalizing celebrities for doing it.
— Ross Feinstein (@RossFeinstein) May 16, 2022
- If you don’t have friends to celebrate your birthday with, buy a Southwest Airlines ticket for the special day.
@SouthwestAir A gentleman on my flight home tonight was celebrating his 80th birthday. Of course, the flight crew couldn't resist joining in the celebration! Southwest employees put the heart in air travel, never change – you all are incredible! pic.twitter.com/pr1cDpkzb8
— Preston (@prestonmcole) May 15, 2022
- I’m not sure why anyone would show up at the American Airlines ticket counter in Denver before 3 a.m…?
The saga continues. Arrive at @AmericanAir counter to find it unattended. No way to print a checked bag tag. No way to hand off bag securely. There is a loose cart you can abandon your luggage on, though. Good thing we left the full 3 hours. #DenverAirport #SoTired pic.twitter.com/6XPmv8uSHJ
— Captain Matt (@SavCaptain) May 16, 2022