News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Airlines is suing Expedia over use of the word Advantage
- More than half of millenials would give up sex to travel the world
- The author of Politico‘s “Playbook” has lost his loyalty to American Airlines. (HT: @SvelteRoosevelt) Is that a government relations or a corporate communications fail?
I’ve flown hundreds of thousands of miles on @AmericanAir over the last few years, and finally I’ve realized they simply do not care one iota about loyalty. stunning.
— Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman) October 19, 2018
- Adventures in manipulating government travel rules That never ends well.
- The TSA’s ‘Blogger Bob’ has passed away.
It is with a heavy heart that I share with you the news about the loss of our friend and colleague @TSAMedia_BobB, affectionately known as “Blogger Bob,” who died today. His death is a sudden and shocking loss for all of us at @TSA. Our thoughts are with his family. pic.twitter.com/urE6XGrbjR
— Michael Bilello (@TSA_Bilello) October 19, 2018
- IHG has signed the first hotel – in Kuala Lumpur – for its re-launched Regent brand. Regent will always remain iconic for a certain group of people of a particular age, if only because of this hotel (now a Four Seasons).
- Always cool to watch.