News and notes from around the interweb:
- After American Airlines kept flying through the holidays with premium pay and a perfect attendance bonus – that could equal up to three months’ of comp – flight attendants will actually have to wait three months from the end of the program to get their perfect attendance money.
- No seat back screens, but inflight entertainment.
Hey @AmericanAir just wanted to shout out one of your exceptional flight attendants,Ryan, on AA619 today. Caught him being AAmazing, showing a customer how to do the Rubik's Cube.😊 pic.twitter.com/pevaKFmlgY
— Vivrant Bella Noire (@Virtuous75) January 15, 2022
- The Boeing 777 was a winner, but I’m not sure I’d realized how well the Airbus A330 has done.
Since 1969, there have been 9,500 widebody jetliners delivered to passenger airlines, freight haulers and governments around the world. Who won? Who lost? Here's how it played out. pic.twitter.com/o1Q9ZyeVzF
— The Air Current (@theaircurrent) January 16, 2022
- Two Passengers Robbed During Flight To Miami and since the money – $4000 in one case – was taken from carry on bags, Aerolineas Argentinas says it’s the passenger’s responsibility.
“Two passengers who stated that they were missing cash and two other passengers claimed that their hand luggage appeared in a different place than the one they had left at the start of the flight, without missing anything,” they assured Aerolineas Argentinas.
It was also confirmed that two people had been identified as suspicious by the crew , due to their movements during the flight and because they were the only ones who changed seats. “Under the seat of one of them, a small clip was found that would have contained part of the missing money,” it was detailed.
- There’s been a lot of stress over close-expiring BinaxNOW tests from eMed…
FDA extends the expiration date on BinaxNow Tests to 15 months when stored at room temperature (28–30°C) based on the results of additional stability studies https://t.co/QhwBxEvz6I https://t.co/wO37fqOmv8
— Scott Gottlieb, MD (@ScottGottliebMD) January 16, 2022