News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines extends upgrades (‘PlusPoints’) by six months
- British Airways passenger left Airpods on an Austin – London Heathrow flight, now tracks them from someone’s home to a BA training facility and back every day
- The shifting importance of American Airlines hubs.
2021 data. PHL drawn down with less Europe. LAX hobbled by transpac decline, is no longer their Asia gateway). NYC flying -> B6. ORD and DCA business travel heavy, travel slower to return in Northeast.
AA ran a domestic connecting network to leisure destinations that were open.
— gary leff (@garyleff) June 29, 2022
- How Australians currently view Qantas
- The passengers before us have suffered and obtained eternal redemption for us.
— Tom Bokowy (@CostAndCapital) June 30, 2022
- But no visit from the Chief Pilot, Maynard Finch?
Just hit 3,000,000 miles flown on United today. I was welcomed by a group of employees and the captain let me take the controls while on the ground. Felt like rockstar. Thanks @united #3millionmiler #loveunited pic.twitter.com/g0UmTNEUpy
— Jane Howze (@janehowze) June 28, 2022