News and notes from around the interweb:
- China blocks U.S. executives from leaving mainland I’ve had many great visits there but have no plans to return for awhile.
- When American Airlines and Shell launched a partnership it wasn’t compelling at 2 miles per gallon, since you give up the discounts from Shell’s own Fuel Rewards program. However now that it’s 3 miles per gallon and these are also Loyalty Points towards status, that’s better than standard Fuel Rewards for those who lack status in Shell’s program via frequency of fill up. And newly-linked members also are eligible for 250 bonus points. (HT: Award Wallet)
- Bits About Money on Number Go Up
- The average employee at government rail corporation Amtrak earns $121,000 more than the average at any federal agency.
- Decorum still exists.
— Cody Barbo (@codybarbo) September 29, 2023
- Jackie O busted with ‘mortifying’ X-rated item by airport security