News and notes from around the interweb:
- When Bali re-opens they don’t want backpackers
- On planes with new interiors, including larger overhead bins, passengers shouldn’t need to gate check their bags. American is reminding agents to make an announcement when boarding these aircraft that customers should load their bags on their sides to fully utilize the extra space.
- Hertz elite benefits do not list guaranteed availability for Presidents Circle. The benefit used to be confirmed availability when booking at least 48 hours in advance.
- Masks for thee, but not for me. Former Virginia Governor, DNC Chair, and current gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe:
Not a good look at all for Terry McAuliffe here going maskless on a train. The Amtrak cafe car is not even nearly as good as French Laundry. Incredible politicians are still doing this… https://t.co/ZbUxflLxyQ
— Alex Seitz-Wald (@aseitzwald) September 14, 2021
- Southwest Airlines extends 2020 and 2021-expiring drink coupons to December 31, 2022 since they didn’t serve drinks at all for most of 2020 and won’t in 2021.
- Garuda Indonesia will no longer offer first class. The last two planes with the cabin are being retired from its fleet.
- Swiss now reduces the price of inflight food offerings on the last flight of the day to avoid spoilage.