Cardless is out with yet another co-brand card, the Liverpool FC Credit Card by Cardless. It’s striking how many cards they’re coming out with in such a short period, and in some cases with what strike me as niche brands. But that’s their strategy.
- One of the biggest challenges is identifying customers, even when you have a strong product.
- That’s why big banks pay billions of dollars to big airlines, a combination of marketing to those airlines’ customers and rebating them to get them to spend on the products.
- The Cardless view is a new tech stack lets them be both nimble and low cost, able to work with a lot of smaller brands and offer tailored value propositions.
The Liverpool FC Credit Card by Cardless has no annual fee, no late fees and no foreign transaction fees.
- Initial bonus: 30,000 points after spending $2,000 on the card within the first three months of account opening (worth $300 in statement credits)
- Ongoing earn: 5x points on Liverpool FC merchandise at the Official Liverpool FC Store and on Liverpool FC ticket purchases, select rideshare and streaming services; 3x points on purchases made at bars, restaurants and select delivery services; 1x points on all other purchases.
- Redemption options: in addition to statement credits, there’s the option of redeeming for match tickets, player-signed items and exclusive experiences.
- Additional benefit: Starting with the 2022/2023 season in June, cardholders receive an annual LFC International Membership for as long as their card account is active. This provides a 10% retail discount in LFC official stores and online with a maximum discount value of £75 per season.
It also includes digital matchday programmes for every Premier League home match and access to a dedicated online Members’ Area for prize drawing and content; discounts on Anfield Stadium Tours and food from the Boot Room Sports Café as well as an LFC pen, pin badge, and keyring upon LFC International Membership initiation. Cardholders also receive LFCTV GO complimentary for the first year; and then with LFC International Membership, cardholders receive 50% off LFCTV GO each following year.
The best reason to mention this card beyond a Liverpool fan base, I think, is that because while 5x on rideshare and streaming is great return in that category it’s worth pointing to another Cardless card here – the Boston Celtics card actually earns 7x on these categories!