News notes from around the interweb:
- Dallas-based passenger does a random act of kindness on each week’s trip
- Effective April 1 Best Western, Choice, and Hilton points will no longer transfer to American AAdvantage. Marriott and Hyatt points will continue to transfer.
- LATAM will be out of oneworld earlier than expected: May 1
Copyright: artzzz / 123RF Stock Photo
- United has a new frequent flyer earn and burn relationship with India’s Vistara
- Physical Apple cards aren’t holding up well after 6 months of use
Apple Card, 6 months of swipes later pic.twitter.com/hXhZa8wlol
— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) January 31, 2020
- Travel vouchers are all fun and games until the cops get involved (HT: Robert W.)
A part-time agent at a car-rental outfit at Palm Beach International airport defrauded her employer of nearly $100,000 by taking kickbacks from customers to manipulate vouchers and let them drive high-end vehicles for free, authorities allege.
Shoelanda Allen-Lewis, 44, of suburban West Palm Beach falsified 42 vouchers, totaling $93,625, for 19 customers between February and July 2019, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office report.