News notes from around the interweb:
- You can now redeem Hyatt points for a $1600 per night room in the Hamptons. Naturally it’s a category 8 hotel, 40,000 points per night, but still a deal in peak season.
- Baggage scales at Charlotte were miscalibrated remember you’re being charged for checked bags when they’re found to be overweight.
- This is what the Knee Defender was made for. Even without that device though we get violent frustration in the skies over recline. A win for Spirit Airlines ‘pre-reclined’ seats?
@BravoAndy Here’s a great jackhole! He was angry that I reclined my seat and punched it about 9 times – HARD, at which point I began videoing him, and he resigned to this behavior. The other jackhole is the @AmericanAir flight attendant who reprimanded me and offered him rum! pic.twitter.com/dHeUysrKTu
— wendi (@steelersfanOG) February 9, 2020
- Data: Oklahama City airport is growing
- Air Italy was never a threat to U.S. carriers
- San Francisco airport’s new terminal 2 outdoor observation deck
- SAS pulled ‘what is truly Scandinavian?’ ad after ‘the campaign was hijacked’.