News and notes from around the interweb:
- Rumor, sourced to an American Airlines London Heathrow baggage handler, that the carrier will move all operations back to terminal 3 next month exact date to be determined, ending the split operation with some flights operating out of terminal 5.
- Etihad imposes draconian carry on police for coach passengers and applies it immediately even to tickets already purchased. Passengers will be limited to one item weighing not more than 7kg “Any last-minute splurge in airport Duty Free must fit within the hand baggage allowance and unlike other airlines, a separate ‘personal item’ is not permitted.” I miss the old Etihad.
- Four U.S. British Airways lounges join Priority Pass for off-hours access Washington Dulles at least isn’t new.
- Qatar Airways will confirm its order for the Boeing 737 MAX 10
- Arguments against reserving an exit row seat
Success. Thanks, @united – the EWR gate and inflight crew were awesome – they got me on super early before my parents got my daughter to the gate. As you can see, she was beyond shocked. Total success and a happy daughter. Thanks again!! ♥️ #projectsurprisethedaughter pic.twitter.com/KVQkiUah54
— Peter Shankman (shankman.eth) (@petershankman) June 20, 2022