News and notes from around the interweb:
- Etihad’s CEO takes the Chinese Sinopharm inactivated virus vaccine all employees of the airline receive it free. The vaccine from China’s state-owned enterprise claims 79% efficacy.
- Saudi Arabia agrees to end blockade on Qatar, will open airspace to Qatar Airways count this as another Trump administration victory for Mideast Peace – I didn’t expect to see all of the new flights to Israel, let alone an Emirates kosher food facility.
However it’s plausible to believe the blockade wouldn’t have been attempted in the first place but-for the President’s strong support for the Saudi regime. This past summer the blockade was ruled illegal by the International Court of Justice.
Museum of Islamic Art, Doha
- The hotel shootings continue unabated, this is only a recent sample from the past few days.
- Police shoot suspect in the leg at the SpringHill Suites Austin
- 18 year old shot in her room at the Westin St. Louis
- Deadly shooting at the Days Inn Omaha on New Years Day
- Man fired a gun from the roof of the DoubleTree Utica on New Years Day
- Man fired a gun from balcony at the Hilton Riverwalk in San Antonio
- Hilton guests were robbed and assaulted New Years Day in Providence, Rhode Island (thankfully not a shooting!)
- Two men shot at the Warwick hotel in Denver
- Man shot and killed at Fresno Days Inn
- Air New Zealand is planning for U.S. flights to stop in Honolulu next month for change of crew to avoid their having to overnight in California (Covid risk).
- Free Covid testing at Phoenix Mesa airport and nearly free* flights on Allegiant (*plus fees).